Fabulous Fridays: February 21

21 February 2014

Hey hey hey and TGIF! I'm gonna keep it short and snappy today because I'm tired and I need to finish packing for my little weekend getaway. That's right- I'm taking a 3-day weekend to head out with some girlfriends for the coast. We're renting a house right on the beach, so I'm going to get plenty of salty ocean air.

Highlights of my week:


I started reading The Goldfinch, and so far, so good. Also, I need to go back to New York. And I need to hang out in an art museum.

I feel like I deserve major points for being able to calm down my nephew in less than 5 minutes after his parents left for the gym Wednesday night. He was screaming his head off, upset he'd been left behind, and I tried various tactics- "do you want to watch Nemo?" uh uh, "do you want num-nums?" uh uh, "do you want to wash your hands?" yeah. This kid loves washing his hands and brushing his teeth.


I had a final dinner and the soon-to-be-shuttered Portland institution that is Wildwood. And it was one of the best dinners I've ever had. You see, so many restaurants don't put too much thought into their vegetarian entrees, like they really don't care to impress people of my ilk. But the caramelized pear and gorgonzola ravioli with brussels sprouts and pistachios was one of the most thoughtful vegetarian entrees I've ever eaten. It was so complex- sweet, sour, salty, deep. Dessert was equally fabulous- caramelized white chocolate panna cotta with ginger, shortbread, and bruleed bananas. No element outshined another- each flavor worked in unison to create a delicious masterpiece.

That's the best of my week (the worst: oh you know, fillings and temporary crowns at the dentist- wah wah). Tell me, how was your week? Do you have any grand plans for the weekend? 

 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.