A Letter for You

27 May 2013
Day 27: A letter to your readers.


Dear readers,

It's been awhile since I've written a true letter. Part of me feels this letter isn't really a letter since it is on a screen instead of a piece of paper. Letters are a very intimate thing, for me. This is where I bare my heart and soul. And now the time has come for me to bare it to you.

Thank you for coming here. However you found yourself here, I am glad that you did. It means so much to me that someone would take a little time out of their day to read the words that I have typed up here. When you leave me a comment, my heart is filled with so much joy, I feel like jumping and fist-pumping the air. I am so thankful for everyone I have "met" through this blog, and it's strange to me that just a month ago I had no idea you existed. But I am so glad you exist.

And that is the point that I want to get through to each and every one of my readers, even the ones who never comment. Even the ones who read this and think, "she cray-cray." I am glad you exist. You may not see where you fit in the grand scheme of things, but your existence is important. This world needs you. It needs your love, your laughter, your smiles, your hugs and your high fives. It needs your tears and your broken hearts, it needs your pain and frustration. It simply needs you. What you do in this life matters, whether you are a world leader or a woman in her twenties just trying to figure out what she is here for.

Most of all, dear readers, I want you to know that you are loved. I'm not just talking about people in your life who love you- friends, parents, significant others, children. There is a love you do not see, a love that is harder to define. I believe that there is an infinite supply of love in the universe, and I believe that each of us has a tap to that love within ourselves. When we tap into that love, we can move mountains. That love causes us to smile at strangers, to hold doors open, to offer a hug to someone who is suffering, to carry groceries for the elderly woman at the store. It is absolutely possible to love people that you do not know, because love is a verb. And so, my readers, my friends, I love you. You don't have to accept my love, but I am going to give it anyway. I am not asking for anything in return, because for me, it is enough to know that I  put love out there into the world.

And so my readers, I want to know what I can do for you. I am here, writing and sharing, and sometimes it feels a little selfish to just write what is on my mind. I want to know what is on your mind. How can I make your day better? How can I make you smile?

Well, I must go, for it is time for me to start my day. I still need to take a shower, and there's a bed with sheets in dire need of changing. I hope that you make the most of your day, even if that means staying glued to you couch while watching Arrested Development on Netflix (I wish I had a dollar for every status update on Facebook pertaining to this activity).

Much love, and a hug,

 photo Rachelsig_zps92ed9769.png

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing so openly and honestly to your readers day in and day out. I'm so thankful for this blogging outlet and I'm thrilled it seems to have brought you the same feelings of confidence, voice and love in your past month of writing. Keep up the great work!

    High five & a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think what you wrote about love is so true. You have a way with words. Looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I found your blog! I didn't know you existed either, but I'm glad you do.

    Only... don't hate me for not liking Arrested Development. Haha. I just can't get into it. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.