I'll Never Forget

24 May 2013
Today's post in the challenge requires me to share something someone told me about myself that I'll never forget. Honestly, the things I remember the most are the things I have overheard people saying about me. Instead of going into much depth, considering how heavy I've gotten with the last few posts, I'll keep it simple and share a short list.

Not listed: My kindergarten teacher said she thought I'd be in commercials when I grew up. I'm not.

1. "Who's that? She's ugly." -Some girl in my 8th grade dance class

2. "She's got soul." -A black lady working at the homeless shelter, upon observing my dance skills, age 16

3. "You're pretty." -A 5th grader at outdoor school when I was a counselor, age 16

4. "You have nice eyebrows." -A gangsta Asian kid in my high school creative writing class

5. "You'll make a three cow wife one day." -Andrew Sampson, my wheelchair pusher in Bye Bye Birdie

6. "C'est charmant." -My host father referring to my American accent during my class' Thanksgiving skit

7. "It's kind of sexy." -My friend Adrienne, referring to the freckle on my lip

8. "You have tiny hands." -Boxing instructor, before pulling out child-size hand-wraps for me to use

9. "I love you." -A French man, after tasting the chocolate tart I made for a Christmas party


That's it, 9 things I remember people saying about me, good, bad, and weird. Moral of the story: I remember the things people say about me, and I'm sure I"m not the only one, so if you're going to say something about someone, make it nice.

Has anyone ever said something to you about yourself that you'll never forget? Leave a comment- I'd love to hear what you have to say!

 photo Rachelsig_zps92ed9769.png

6 comments:

  1. It's so true I remember everything everyone says about me. Some I wish I could forget, but oh well.

    http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- there are some things I wish I could forget, but there's something to be learned from all of it (even if the lesson is just one of forgiveness).

      Delete
  2. Whoever #1 is? Not a fan.

    A random person telling you they love you.. it is hard to forget, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 - is just crazy. Or maybe needs their eyes checked because you're gorgeous (inside and out).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This, and some of your other posts as well, reminds me of the time we played games at your place in Poitiers. I don't remember the name of the game but we were to write down an answer to a question and then someone was supposed to guess who had shared what. It was everything from "What animal would you like to be?" to "What is the meanest thing you've ever said to another person?". It was a little too heavy sometimes but we really learned things about each other and how we had become the people we were then. I remember some of your answers, Rachel, and can relate some of your posts to that. It feels like I know a little more of your background and high school experience thanks to that game.

    Then there was another game where we were putting cards on our foreheads and everything was just too fun! Do you remember this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I remember! That was such a good time! I think I have pictures from game night. The card game was the French card game that my host family taught me, and it's still my favorite card game. That was such a good time :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.