Fabulous Fridays: June 14

14 June 2013
It's that time again! T.G.I.F.! When I was little, I lived for Fridays, in particularly Friday night sleepovers involving my favorite T.V. shows on T.G.I.F. Those days (and that lineup) are long gone, but that doesn't stop me from creating my own grown-up version (wine and a movie, anyone?).

Anyway, I've been feeling in a little bit of a funk lately (perhaps in part due to Junuary weather in PDX), and Fridays are my antidote. So, I'm back with some of the fabulous things that made this week great:

My (mostly) daily plank breaks at work. I try to remember to do them daily, but I get a free pass on yoga days. I'm starting with holding forward and backward plank for 30 seconds each, and holding side plank on each side for 25 seconds. Gives me a much bigger energy boost than coffee.


Dinner with mom at my favorite local French restaurant (post to come this weekend).

My birchbox arrived on Wednesday! Yay for new nail polish and bright pink lip crayon.


Got my hair and makeup did for a photo shoot.

My hike on Sunday was pretty spectacular.

Finally got to see my free portrait!


Taught my one-year-old nephew to give me a high five.

Saw Frances Ha. More on that tomorrow.

Any time I see an article that promotes positive body image, my insides feel happy. This article made me smile, and I hope that more brands move in this direction. Side note: the untouched curly hair is way cuter than the retouched.

What made your week fabulous? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

 photo Rachelsig_zps92ed9769.png

16 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read your post on the local french restaurant. that drinks looks like something I could go for right about ..now! and you look absolutely beautiful :) xo - chels @ LLinaBC.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! That drink was so good- I could go for another one!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very curious to see which french restaurant is your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a daily plank break! I tried to take a short walk every hour or so for awhile, but because I work in a high school with a strange bell schedule, it was hard to find a routine. I'm moving to a new office soon, so hopefully I'll be able to find a place for brief planks, meditation, or something to break up the day.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do walk breaks when I worked in a building that had places for me to walk, but now it just doesn't make sense. I usually stand up and stretch about once every hour, and I hope to add on to my plank breaks, when I figure out what else I can do discretely. Right now, I do my planks when most people are out for lunch...

      I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  5. Oo, good idea. I'm going to implement a daily plank break too- though probably not at work! :X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know it's not for everyone. I'm just lucky enough to have my own office, and I get so restless sitting all day. But if you can go for it, do!

      Delete
  6. plank breaks are a good idea!!! i do squats when i am in the bathroom stall. i should start doing planks in my little corner of my office.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look stunning, Rachel! Also loving the Raw Portrait of you, what a great idea too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I love that guy's project, and he was really cool to talk to given how many interesting people he's met in the process.

      Delete
  8. I need to have a daily ANY EXERCISE break. Go you for planking!! Just doing something with my body gives me a jolt and I'm way too lazy way too much.

    Your nephew? ADORABLE.

    And did you hear that Boy Meets World is making a second series with Topanga and Corey's daughter....?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plank breaks at work is a great idea!! I hate sitting all day and try to do some forward bends and open up my back and stretch the backs of my legs, but love the idea to use some break time for strength training!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great way to energize after sitting for too long!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.