Fabulous Fridays: Summer Solstice Edition

21 June 2013
You guys, it's officially Summer! I don't know about you, but I think Summer should always start on a Friday- it makes it way more fun and official, right?

So today is not exactly off to a fabulous start; my car is in the shop and I am waiting to hear how much it is going to cost me... But this week isn't a total loss (lemme tell ya, getting towed is weird). Below, see my list of what made this week fabulous.

PSU Farmer's Market! I am always amazed at how I can buy pretty much anything for a meal at the market, and all of the fresh strawberries were so amazing.

I made my first jam! With passion fruit!
Bowling for father's day- and I wasn't terrible! I think I only bowled a 0 once!

I discovered how delicious fresh fried potatoes and mustard greens are together.

We worked on veil movements in belly dance class and it made me feel like a fairy.

Probably the best pie I've ever made, which is saying a lot. Strawberry Rhubarb. I have one slice left.
Spent some morning time with my nephew when he woke up before his mama.

New Mad Men and True Blood episodes were on in the same night. I was in Heaven.

Dinner at one of my favorite places in Portland. I love their bar!
And finally, all of YOU have made this week pretty fabulous. I'm always happy to read your comments!

So friends, what made your week fabulous?

 photo Rachelsig_zps92ed9769.png

14 comments:

  1. Oh man, I love strawberry rhubarb pie! Once I find a good recipe for Gluten Free crust (or a good GF pre-made cruse), I'm going to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about True Blood! The next time I have the chance for a "brain vacation" aka TV marathon, I am going to be all over that.

    Sounds like you're making the most of a not so fabulous day...good for you! I would love to hear about your jam adventures, and that pie is the cutest. A stars and stripes crust would be great for July 4. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love that phrase "brain vacation"- I'm going to have to use it.

      I'll have to do a post about my jam here soon, especially since I had to create the recipe. I need to record it before I forget it.

      I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I haven't been to the Farmer's Market yet (I know, I know...) BUT I'm really hoping to there this weekend! Sounds like you had many good reasons to celebrate! Hope whatever is going on with your car gets sorted out quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! For shame! ;) Kidding, I hope you do make it there this weekend- the produce this year is just amazing, and there are some neat new booths. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I like the look of that pie! Can you share the recipe? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I'll have to do an upcoming post about it, because I truly think it is the best recipe. I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. I love the star cut outs on the pie. I've never had strawberries in a pie, may have to try it, I love rhubarb. Sounds like you've had a great week, I hope your weekend is just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you actually resist snacking at Nostrana and just drinking, or does the scene of that wood fired pizza and seeing pastas go by make it impossible...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what pie skills! I made a pie once for home-ec... and let's just say that... well, I'm 26 and I've never made one again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pie DOES look delicious! And I agree totally with you about the farmer's market. Hope everything is okay with your car--and that it doesn't cost too much! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.