Songs to Remind You You're Awesome

18 June 2013
I don't have a hiking post for you this week, since my regular hiking day was Father's Day. I spent the morning bowling with the family, and I was lucky enough to not have the lowest score! But, if you factor in that the lowest score came from a 5-year-old, then, well, I at least bowled my average!

So, today, in lieu of a hiking post, I bring you a music post. I'm sharing with you my Spotify playlist of songs that remind me I'm awesome. Sometimes you just need a little pep-talk. For me, music s a huge mood-influencer, so when I feel myself getting a little bit down on confidence, I play these songs.

If you have Spotify, I encourage you to follow me. Feel free to copy this playlist and play it when you need a boost.



What are your go-to confidence-boosting songs? Any ideas for songs to add to this list? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

 photo Rachelsig_zps92ed9769.png

13 comments:

  1. Don't know if this is confidence-boosting, but it puts a smile on my face every time and motivates me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Motivation is always a good thing! Thank you for sharing :)

      Delete
  2. yay! always love a new playlist to check out. especially one that features florence + the machines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice playlist! I would add Adele's Right As Rain--always makes me feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great playlist! Florence and the Machine's "Dog Days Are Over" is one of my favorite confidence boosters--it just puts a spring in my step.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, I would have to add Pink's Raise your Glass, that song makes me feel so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good list!

    These are my pep-songs:

    I'm A Survivor - Destiny's Child
    Can't Hold Us Down with Christina Aguilera feat. Lil' Kim.
    Independent Woman - Destiny's Child.
    Your Revolution - Sara Jones
    Single - Natasha Bedingfield
    Not the Average Girl (from your video) - India Arie
    Don't Stop Me Now - Queens
    Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
    Fuck You - Lily Allen
    Not Fair - Lily Allen

    I probably have a few more but these came from the top of my head (with a little help from my co-workers :) ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Ina, I just love you :) Your list is definitely a good one!

      Delete
  7. LOVE this post and these songs!! I just Tweeted the other day that "If you don't turn the radio up when 'Eye of the Tiger' comes on then you need to check your pulse."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that Cher made it on here!!

    I'm loving Charlie Mars- How I Roll. Just an upbeat, energetic song that always gets me singing. And then some country songs, but looking on here it doesn't look like that's your jam. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pop that's going on with this list. :) There are some great ones, but I think I would say that Unwritten is my favorite on here (though now it just makes me think of The Hills).

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.