Rachel's Guide to Portland: Bamboo Sushi

21 July 2013
How many of you like sushi? I absolutely love it, but I can be a bit picky about it. Here in Portland, we have access to great, fresh seafood, so when it comes to sushi, I want to know that the seafood comes from the best sources.

Enter: Bamboo Sushi. I have only ever visited the NW location, so I can't vouch for the SE location. The NW outpost is rather trendy, but don't let that fool you- it deserves its reputation. It also happens to have an incredible happy hour menu where you can pig out on wine and sushi for an absolute steal!

So, let's get to it. When I arrived Wednesday night, my mom was already seated in the bar and had ordered a very vibrant salad. It was perfect for a hot Summer day- light and bright. I ordered a very nice glass of red for $4, which is a really sweet deal in this town.


After salad, my mom and I ordered the nigiri flight, which included shrimp, albacore, salmon, and tuna. I let my mom have the lighter two while I took the darker fish. I love tuna, and this was some really good stuff. The salmon was great too- none of that fishy taste, which is an indication of less than fresh fish. Both fish simply melted in my mouth. Pure deliciousness.


Next, we had the NW Philly roll, which is a salmon, cream cheese, and cucumber roll fried in tempura batter. Say what now?! Yes. OMG, it it so stinking good. I've ordered it every time I've gone to Bamboo because it is so delectable.


My mom and I ended with the California roll, because we wanted to save room for dessert at Salt & Straw next door. I still ended up rolling out of Bamboo a little more full than I should have, given that I was going to top it all off with ice cream. But the California roll was worth it.


Despite leaving the restaurant feeling full, our tab came out to somewhere around $25, which I think is excellent for happy hour for two! Considering the high quality of the food and wine, it is an absolute steal. If you haven't been, I suggest you go soon, and if you do, would you please bring me along? Thanks.

How do you feel about sushi? Portlanders- have you been to Bamboo Sushi? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

 photo Signature_zps27213de5.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.