6 Things You Should Know About Me

20 August 2013
Hey everybody! Last week, Lisa of Love to Go tagged me in her 6 Things post, so today, I am taking time to answer her questions. So grab a cuppa, a cookie, and here we go.

photo by Studio Sura

  1. What is your biggest dream? Der...this is a hard one. My biggest dream used to be living in France and going to Paris to see all of the art museums, but that dream came true. I would say my current biggest dream, a dream from childhood, is to see the Pyramids in Egypt. Right now doesn't seem to be the best time to go over there, so this dream will have to wait a bit longer.
  2. Night owl or early riser (or both)? Night owl, for sure. I'm not as much of a night owl as I used to be, given that I have a job and have to rise at 7am. I need plenty of sleep (9 hours is probably ideal) and prefer to sleep in until 8-9am and linger in bed for a bit. Sadly, real life just doesn't allow for that.
  3. What are you passionate about? Yikes- this is a loaded question! I'm passionate about loads of things- cheese, wine, France, books, dancing, the Beatles, disco, dogs, children, my family, women's equality, positive body image, not-dieting, Mad Men, True Blood, Downton Abbey, I think I'll just stop there. I'm a Scorpio, so I'm passionate in general.
  4. Homemade food or going out? Both. I will not pick one. Living in Portland, there are a lot of awesome restaurants to try and I love going out and enjoying them. But, I also love a good home-cooked meal. I love getting creative in the kitchen and experimenting with food. I just love food.
  5. How do you balance work and free time? Well, my professional work is on an hourly basis, so it's really easy to draw a distinction between the two. It is very important to me to have a fulfilling private life, so my free time is incredibly valuable to me. If you consider blogging, however (despite the fact I am not paid to blog), then it is trickier to find the balance, but again, I value my free time too much to allow work to get in the way. Therefore, I have set times for working on my blog. If I didn't enjoy my real life, I wouldn't have much to blog about.
  6. Something that you really want to do before your next birthday? My birthday is at the end of October, so that is coming up real soon. I'd like to go wine tasting in Hood River, since I haven't been yet this year. It would be nice to go out and pick up some produce on the fruit loop and enjoy wine under the late Summer sun.

Now, it's your turn! I'm tagging the following ladies and asking the questions below!

Eileen
Alicia
Emily
Sarah
Amanda

1. Who is your best friend?
2. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
3. What is the best meal you've had this year?
4. If you could dine with any historical figure, who would you choose?
5. What fictional character do you most relate to?
6. What recently made you laugh out loud?

If anyone else wants to join in, feel free! You can answer any of these questions in the comments below, or create your own blog post and be sure to share it with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.