Fabulous Fridays: August 9

09 August 2013
Hey-oh, Happy Friday! What a weird week this has been for me. On Tuesday, I left work early with a sore throat and chills, and I've been home sick the rest of the week with a mystery virus. No sunshine for me. I haven't had the energy to keep up with blogging (reading or writing), and I've felt bad about that. But my body needs rest, so that is what I must give it.

On that note, here are a few fabulous things from this week:

Going for a 2 mile run to get ice cream, and walking the 2 miles back home.

Lucy cuddles. Always fabulous.

Blogging while drinking hot cocoas (homemade, of course).

Breakfasting with Mr. Yogurt-Face. Bonus: he's been giving extra kisses this week (yogurt-free).

And now I would like to introduce you to a lovely sponsor of mine, Sarah of Metamorphocity. Sarah is a talented writer and I felt an instant connection when I first read her blog. To help you guys get to know her a little better, here are her answers to some questions I asked:


1. Why do you blog? So that my friends and family can have a break from listening to me talk. Heh. I've loved to share stories as long as I can remember. I love to, need to write and once I found this medium where I could write and tell the stories I wanted to (as opposed to when I was working as a small-town journalist) and connect with people and find kindred spirits I never would have encountered otherwise, I was hooked. 

2. When do you feel most confident?  When I find myself in that weird, almost trance-like writing zone where words just come flying out of me and on to the page in that electric way that they can when you feel particularly passionate or inspired about a story. When I know I've expressed myself well and I know exactly how I want a piece to end. Also, when I'm laughing and goofing around, surrounded by the amazing people who know and love me best.  

3. What is the best thing that has happened to you recently? I started working with Mother Nature Partnership, an amazing organization that works with the Gates foundation to supply women in rural Cameroon with sustainable menstrual hygiene products and education while working to dismantle the severe and restrictive taboos around periods in that part of the world. It's so ridiculously gratifying to be part of an organization  that inspires me and seeing the tangible difference it makes in people's lives. 

To get you started with Metamorphocity, check out Sarah's post about not being defined by a 9-5 job. Read this for her thoughts on growing up, this for a lovely night at an ice rink, and this for a little reminder about small kindnesses from strangers. Lastly, check out her About page for a lovely little intro to her blog.

What made your week fabulous? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!
 photo Signature_zps27213de5.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.