Some Advice I've Learned

05 September 2013

Today's prompt for Blogtember is:  Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered.

I'm really not much of an advice person, and if people ever give me advice, I quickly forget it. I'm a learn-by-experience girl. So this prompt was rather challenging.

After some thought, I decided to share the "advice" that I've read before, advice that has inspired this blog. I don't know who to attribute it to since I've seen it countless times in multiple locations. But it all boils down to: "If you want to be a writer, write."

If there is something you want to be, be it. If there is something you want to do, do it. No excuses.

I've always wanted to be a writer, and for a long time I thought it was a fantasy. But what if actually being a writer is different from the fantasy? There are as many ways to be a writer as there are people who write. 

I write this blog because I am a writer. I also write notes to myself, journal entries, emails, letters, poems, and sometimes stories. All of these things matter- all of these things are expressions of myself. And so I will keep on writing.

Do you have a piece of advice that has stuck with you? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.