Fabulous Fridays: October 25

25 October 2013
Happy Friday, my dear readers! Today I'm going to treat my Fabulous Fridays post a little bit differently than I have in the past. I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately, in part because my birthday is fast approaching (it's on Monday), and in part because I've been in a bit of a creative funk and I've needed to regroup.

So I want to let you know some of what I have been thinking about, and reshape my Fabulous Fridays posts with these thoughts in mind. 

First of all, I've been trying to bring myself back into balance. When I was blogging 5 times a week, I was putting a lot of myself out into the universe, but never taking much time to let the energy I put out come back to me. I stopped spending time in nature, which also threw off my energy. I've been doing a lot of reading about chakras lately, and I've come to find that my root chakra is nearly depleted, leaving me feeling un-supported. I would like to explore this idea further in a future post.

Second, I've been hearing a lot of bad news in the media lately, and I'm sick of it. I know there is more money to be made form sensationalism, but for sensitive folk like myself, it really hurts the spirit and leaves me feeling frustrated and sometimes feeling like I want to close off from the world. But the world needs my light.

I have come to realize that I need to cultivate and share my light, my positive energy with the world. I must take time to care for myself and ground myself, and then I will be better able to share this light with everyone. 

Therefore, I want to use my Fabulous Fridays space to share good news. Good things in my life, and good things I have heard about in the past week. Welcome to the new and improved Fabulous Fridays!


My Good News:

  • I spent Sunday wine tasting in the Willamette Valley with my parents. I enjoyed a little too much wine, and convinced my dad to buy me two bottles for my birthday. Add to that a delicious lunch at a bistro, and gorgeous Autumn scenery, and it made for a heck of a great day.
  • After being rejected by my nephew all weekend long in favor of mommy and daddy, my nephew finally wanted my attention again on Tuesday night. Anyone who has ever spent much time around a toddler knows how fickle their affections are.

Other Good News:

Ok, so it's a short list, but it's a start. And now I'd like to know if you have good news to share- something in your life, a friend's life, or a bit of news from around the web. Please share with me your good news in the comments- I love hearing from you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.