Thoughts on 30

27 October 2013
As I sit here on the eve of my 31st birthday (which is Monday), I reflect upon what the past year has been. 30 was certainly not my best year, but I truly believe the best is yet to come. Instead, it was a year of learning and growing, a year of opportunities that were not meant to be. A year of connecting and re-connecting. A year of moving forward and backward.


Some highlights:
  • Spending an amazing Christmas Eve with my family, learning to make Ukrainian food.
  • Watching my nephews grow.
  • Making new friends.
  • Starting this blog.
  • Building a regular yoga practice.
  • Reading some amazing books.
  • Going on some beautiful hikes.
  • Visiting the ocean twice.
  • Going wine tasting several times.
  • Discovering many great restaurants with my parents.
  • Attending Kathryn Budig's enlightening yoga workshop.
Lessons learned about life:
  • Health comes first.
  • Personal time is a priority, not a luxury.
  • A good way to slow the passing of time is to spend it in nature.
  • Fresh air really does a body good.
  • Can't sleep? Take some slow, deep breaths.
  • Cuddle the dog. Always cuddle the dog.
  • Cuddle the babies/toddlers. They won't cuddle much longer.
  • Flowers brighten rooms and moods.
  • Not all opportunities will work out, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't try.
  • You do not have to be a friend to every person who tries.

Lessons learned about myself:
  • I'm tenacious when I have a concrete goal.
  • I'm a lean, mean, pierogi-making machine.
  • My strength lies in my sensitivity.
  • I have a lot to learn about communicating.
  • My eyes will always be bigger than my stomach, when it comes to eating, learning, reading, and experiencing.

In all, I feel that I can be proud of my 30. I really lived my 30 and didn't bat an eye at the passing of another year. If this was my 30, I can't wait to see what 31 will bring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.