Baby, It's F'ing Cold Outside

05 December 2013
Via
Brr, a record-breaking chill has settled into the Portland area, and my poor old lady body just can't handle it. Okay, I don't have an old lady body, but this weather sure makes me feel like it. Not only do I have Raynaud's, but my legs ache horribly when the temperature drops significantly, and my knees creak. And this has happened since I was a teenager. Also, as a side-effect of the Raynaud's, once my fingers do get warmed up again, they remain pretty useless. Simple things, like opening jars, are painful.

This isn't a post about whining about the cold. No, I'm here to provide you for a cold weather, Christmas time-y playlist. This playlist is full of less traditional songs, and new takes on traditional songs. Call me old-fashioned, but I've really been loving the old Christmas hymns these past few years, like Come Thou Fount of Ev'ry Blessing, and Come O Come Emmanuel. I hope that you will enjoy this selection of songs while cozied up under some warm blankets, sitting by a fire, and sipping some nice hot cocoa. I just realized now would have been a good time to introduce you to my personal cocoa recipe...is that something you guys would be interested in?

Finally, before I cut to the songs, I actually invested in some Christmas cards this year, but would love more people to send some Christmas cheer to! If you'd like to get a card from me, either send me an email at rach(dot)sed(at)gmail(dot)com, or leave a comment below and I'll be in touch.

And now, for the MUSIC!


Do you have a favorite Christmas song? I'll be back later this month with a playlist of my favorite classics (hint: Otis Redding is involved- more than once). I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.