Cultivating Self Love: Crafting a Vision

12 January 2014


Have you ever created a vision board? I have not- this here is my first. I've created many a collage and many a Pinterest board, but never a true-blue vision board.

The idea came over me in early December- I felt called to create a vision board for the year 2014. I've never been big on goals, whether short-term or long-term. I hate the pressure implied within a goal, and I don't always follow through. Life has thrown me too many curve-balls to put any stock in five-year plans.

But vision? I can do vision. I am a very visual person, and very much an idea person. Having an idea of what I want my life to look and feel like- that is something I can do.

Seeing my vision on something tangible is a great reminder for me to cultivate self-love. I see my dreams, aspirations, and even who I already am. I've tucked reminders into my vision board, so that in a dark moment I might be reminded of my greatness.

Many people choose a word of the year, and this year mine is "Radiant," which you can see on my board. This year, I want to make choices based on what makes me feel radiant. There will be singing and dancing, sparkles and red lipstick. Every image that I pasted onto my board represents radiance in some way to me.

If you've never made a vision board, I highly recommend it. Take a few evenings to clip magazines while watching some of your favorite movies, then see how they come together when you glue them to a poster board. Whatever your vision, know that it will be beautiful.

Tell me- how do you feel about vision boards? What words or images would you include? I'd love to hear form you in the comments below!

Cultivating Self-Love

 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.