Cultivating Self-Love: Fabulous Friday (January 10 edition)

10 January 2014

Cultivating Self-Love
TGIF, my friends! I hope you have had a wonderful week, and if not, at least it's Friday, right? I have plans to see some live music tonight, weekend brunch plans, and potential wine tasting. It sure helps to get through the work week when I have an exciting weekend to look forward to!

As I'm sure you are aware (and if not, here's a refresher), I am on a year-long quest to cultivate self-love, and this month I am starting with my spirit. As a way to keep track of my progress, I thought I would use my Fabulous Friday posts to check in and see how I'm doing. Please feel free to join me, if you like!

So, what have I done this week to cultivate love for my spirit? 

  • I've been doing a daily morning reading of Jesus Calling, which has one entry for every day of the year. I will have to do a separate post outlining my spiritual beliefs (because they're not traditional), but essentially I was raised Baptist, left the church, but didn't leave behind the Christianity. As I read each devotion, which is written as though Jesus were talking, I replace all references to Jesus with the word Love (because Jesus is love, right?). It makes me see things from the perspective of love. So far, I have kept up with this every day, as well as following up with a very short prayer.
  • I've been thinking about how I would describe my spirit, and that will have to be its own blog post as well. It helps me to love something I can describe.
  • I've started reading I'm Proud of You by Tim Madigan. My heart is being touched in a big way by this book. Our planet was blessed to have Mr. Rogers grace us with his presence for a time. From what I have read so far, he is an example of a truly godly man, filled with so much love for his neighbor.
  • I saw the movie About Time during a girls' night out at the Laurelhurst. I almost started crying when the main character talked about the love he felt when he saw his loved ones loving on his child. Lots of love in this movie, and lots of tears. But so beautiful.
  • I visited my favorite local bookshop, New Renaissance, and picked up a citrine and a peridot. The citrine is supposed to help balance my 3rd chakra, as well as support self-esteem and abundance. Peridot is good for the heart chakra, and releases resentment while opening the heart for joy. I have felt a great amount of energy emanating from these stones, no joke.
  • Also from New Renaissance, I picked up a copy of The Fire Starter Sessions by Danielle LaPorte. I had actually gone into the shop looking for Marianne Williamson's A Return to Love, but FSS beckoned me, and I heeded the call.
  • Speaking of The Fire Starter Sessions, I have begun going through it and I am so inspired! I am learning that the way other people do things is not necessarily how I should be doing things.
  • I met Nicole who blogs at Treasure Tromp for coffee while she was in town! I had such a great time chatting with her- she is about one of the sweetest people I have met (and also has one of the best blogs to sponsor).
  • If I could give my spirit a color this week, I would say it is bright yellow. I am inspired, and I feel confident that I am moving in the right direction in my life. 
Tell me about your week, my friends! How have you cultivated love for your spirit this week? Any great plans this weekend? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!


 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.