Cultivating Self-Love: Fabulous Fridays January 17

16 January 2014

Happy Friday, my lovelies! How is it that we're already half-way through the month? 

I have been so busy this past week, and this weekend is shaping up to be even busier. Right now, it feels like me-time is a luxury.

I'd like to take today to check in and see how I did with cultivating self-love for my spirit this past week. It was a roller-coaster week, with today being the low point. It is a truth universally acknowledged that if you set out to cultivate self-love, you will be tested. You will face challenges to your self-esteem, and that is your opportunity to choose love. It is all well and good to love yourself when all is sunshine and lollipops in your life, but it is quite another to love yourself when you are in the midst of dealing with some big mistakes you've made.

Thankfully, because I am consciously choosing to love myself, I am able to recognize when my inner critic rears her ugly head. This week, I've been challenged countless times, and I am actively choosing to accept that I make mistakes, but so does everybody, and my mistakes do not make me unworthy of love and respect. And since I am choosing not to be afraid and beat myself up, and can direct my effort toward figuring out how and why my mistakes occurred. Personally, I've noticed a pattern: when I go for too long (over two years) without a proper vacation, I get worn out, and it affects my ability to do a good job at anything. A clear mind renews focus.

So, it's time for me to plan a real vacation sometime in the next year (the sooner the better).

Without further ado, here are some of the things that have helped me cultivate self-love for my spirit this week:


I had breakfast with Macey and we chatted about life and spirituality, and it was nice to talk about these things with someone who is on a similar wavelength.


I believe that soup is soul food. The process of making soup can be quite meditative, and I feel that pleasure connects us with the divine. Mmm...


I had a show this week! I danced to a live band, and really let myself go to the music. When I dance, I feel like I am tapping into the energy that connects us all. There is no feeling like the feeling I get when I dance, and I hope to do this until I'm well into old age.


How soothing for my soul was it to receive this little package from Lisa. Lisa is a champion for self-love, and just a dear person. Little did she know, I have a soft spot for elephants, and I consider them one of my spirit animals. Bonus: it's an incense holder. I've already given this one a home on my bookshelf next to my matryoshka doll and favorite candle.


I'm still working through Part 1 of The Fire Starter Sessions, and this quote blew me away. It seems so basic, and yet, how many times do we resist this? I'm keeping this one as a reminder for my word- radiant. 

How did you cultivate self-love for your spirit this week? How do you show kindness to yourself when you've made a mistake? I'd love to hear form you in the comments below.

 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.