Cultivating Self-Love: Fabulous Fridays, January 24

24 January 2014

Yay, it's Friday! I hope you have all had a lovely week. Given that I am currently operating on an empty stomach, I am going to hop straight to it and share with you how I have cultivated love for my spirit in the past week.

  • Saturday morning I had my first meeting for Ladies Who Brunch Book Club. My pal Macey headed up the group, and we gathered to discuss books, eat brunch, and picked our first three selections. Given my love of reading, and my love of discussion, this was really satisfying for my soul.
  • Naturally, after book club, I wandered around Powell's Books, picking up the first two books we selected. Aside from the woods, bookstores and libraries are my sanctuary. Some feel spirits in churches and cemeteries; I feel them in bookstores.
  • We had a family dinner on Sunday night, which meant nephew time. The boys were being extra cute, crowding around a table to watch a train movie on my mom's iPad. Even cuter? When Fox grabbed my hand and pulled me over to watch a train movie with him so he wouldn't have to watch alone. Cutest? When Fox wanted on Desmond's lap, so Des let Fox climb onto his lap and they got cozy. Seeing how these cousins love each other warms my soul in the itchiest way possible.
  • I'm still working my way through The Fire Starter Sessions, and I'm getting a lot out of it. I'm getting a greater vision for how I perceive myself, and how I would like others to perceive me. I feel like I am a rainbow, and other people only ever see a few colors. Sometimes that is appropriate, but there are times that I want someone to see it all and understand that I am whole.
  • I had bellydance class on Tuesday, and my teacher really pushed me. There was a movement we were working on and the teacher told me I had it, but she wanted me to give more in one part of it. This basically required opening my heart- literally opening up my chest to the audience (or mirror in this case). It seems like such a simple thing, but that critique, and my resistance to doing what was asked, are really the crux of where I struggle with my dance. It is hard to make myself vulnerable when I dance, as dancing on its own already makes me vulnerable. So I want to work on that and explore that. It was a soul-cracking moment.
  • On Wednesday morning, Fox was super cute in saying goodbye to me before I left for work. He's not normally awake when I leave, so it was extra special to see him before I started my day. Having the sweetest little blond-haired, blue-eyed boy waving goodbye over his gate as I left was about as sweet as it could get. You bet I started my day with a smile.
  • I've been incredibly busy lately, in the best way, but when I take on a lot of social commitments, my me-time tends to dwindle. Recognizing that fact, Wednesday night I took a little time, grabbed my citrine and perdidot, and lay on the floor for a little mini-meditation.
  • A second bloom has opened on my orchid plant. My thriving orchid reminds me that with patience and care, even something that looks dead can become something truly beautiful and flourishing. Plus, bright colors make me happy.

Tell me now, how was your week? Have you done anything to care for yourself? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

Cultivating Self-Love

 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.