Cultivating Self-Love: Soul Music

27 January 2014


If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that I have a thing for music and creating playlists. I have a bajillion of them on my iTunes and my Spotify. Given that I tend to come up with a playlist for every mood and situation, I thought it also fitting to come up with a playlist that ties in with this month's theme of Cultivating Self-Love for/by the spirit. So today, I share with you my soul music playlist.

True story: one of the best compliments I have ever received was actually something someone told someone else about me. The place was a soup kitchen in San Francisco, and the local soul music radio station was playing classics while us volunteers made sandwiches. Given that I love that kind of music, I was dancing around while making sandwiches. The lady in charge said to one of the other youth group members, while pointing at me, "she's got soul." It sure felt nice to hear that.

Soul music cuts straight to my very core and makes me feel things. Sometimes it's longing, sometimes it's pure joy. It's the kind of music that you feel in your gut and makes you want to move.

Listen for yourself, and see if you don't feel something:


 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.