Cultivating Self-Love: Spirit

03 January 2014

Cultivating Self-Love

Welcome to Cultivating Self-Love!

As I said in my introductory post, this month's theme is Spirit. Why start with Spirit? Because I believe that our spirit, our soul, is the very essence of our being, and if we are going to cultivate any kind of important practice in our life, we must start with our spirit.

What does the dictionary have to say about spirit?

Source
Our spirit is a force, and that force can be used for good or for bad. So let's take that force and use it for good. Let's use it to show ourselves love.

How do I envision this?

Explore

First, I want to consider the essence of my spirit, and what I believe. I know what my beliefs are, but I want to explore them and challenge them. I envision bringing more spiritual practices into my life. Meditation, prayer, devotion.

If you know what you believe, explore it. Get to know it, accept it, and love it.

If you don't know what you believe, explore that. What do you believe about the soul? Do you believe in an afterlife? Alternate/multi-verses? If you're ok with not knowing, accept that.

Nourish

Next, I want to think about what feeds my spirit, and do more of that. For me, it is spending time in nature, admiring a beautiful piece of art, playing with my nephews, and cuddling with my dog. When I do these things, my soul feels fulfilled.

What makes your soul shine? Do more of that.

Love

Finally, I believe that the essence of life is love, and that our spirits are love. So when we cultivate the love within our spirit, we will have a strong foundation for loving ourselves. And when we love ourselves, that love is able to radiate back out into the world. When that happens, we create waves of great change.

So, what do you believe about the spirit? Is this a little too woo-woo for you? If it is, that's ok. I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

P.S. I totally had deja-vu while writing this post, which I believe means that I'm heading in the right direction. The Spirit knows!

 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.