Cultivating Self-Love: The Mind

02 February 2014

Via

Happy February, my friends! The older I get, the faster time seems to pass, and when it comes to the winter months, that is fine by me. I'll be singing a different song come Spring.

So this month's stop on the Cultivating Self-Love tour is the mind. My spirit is strong and ready for this, and I feel that the mind is the next logical level for creating a deep foundation for loving myself. 


This month, I am looking to cultivate love for my mind. This means caring for my consciousness and intellect, as well as the organ of my brain. I believe in "mind over matter," so I need to take good care of this part of myself. 

How do I plan to do this? Well, as a rather contemplative person, I will take time to examine what my mind is to me and how it is shaped. I will pay attention to the way that I learn and why it works the way it does. I can then take what I know, and nurture my mind through mental exercises and rest, and show it grace. 

The more that I have seen and experienced, the more I realize that no two people's brains work the same. We have plenty of similarities, but we should never take for granted our differences. There is a reason why some people are scientists and others are artists: we need both in this world. Learning where I fit and appreciating that is crucial to my love for myself.

This month, my aim is to share with you the things I learn about my mind, and the mind in general this month, and share tips with you on how to cultivate love for your mind. 

So, my question for you today is this: how do you take care of your mind? I would love to hear from you in the comments below!
Cultivating Self-Love

 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.