Unplugged Beach Weekend

23 February 2014

This weekend, I took a girls getaway to the Oregon Coast. The plans were to shop, relax, drink wine, and play games. Not in the plan: being disconnected without a phone. Despite my best-laid plans, I managed to leave my phone charging cord in my car in Portland, meaning that as soon as my phone died, I was no longer connected to the outside world (which was Friday afternoon, because the iPhone 5 with ios 7 has such a great battery life).

Being disconnected was actually really nice. While everyone else was updating and checking facebook, I was forced to be a bit more present. A lot of the time, that just meant spending time in my own mind (once upon a time, I was big on daydreaming). It also meant spending time with a book, and listening to and observing the waves, which made up our entire view all weekend (seriously, renting a house right on the beach is so worth it).

How was it being unplugged for the weekend? Beautiful. As it turns out, everything really can wait. It would have been unfortunate to miss out on enjoying the constant rolling waves due to be wrapped up in the views on Instagram. I spend so much time dreaming of the ocean during the year, it was wonderful to get to truly enjoy it (from indoors- let's be real, it was awful cold for this frostie). Maybe I should take an unplugged weekend more often.





How was your weekend? Have you ever taken time unplugged from everything? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!
 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.