Cultivating Self-Love: Body Recap and April Preview

31 March 2014

Once upon a time, I found my doppleganger amongst a collection of old photographs.

April Fool's!

Actually, the image above is a clue as to April's Cultivating Self-Love theme (hint: it's not about booze or my non-existent drinking problem, though posing with bottles seems to be a pastime of mine).


Have you figured it out yet?

First, before I reveal April's theme, let me recap Month's theme of loving your body:

I introduced March's theme with suggestions for ways to show your body some love.

Next, I talked about 10 things I like about my body.

Then I got a bit more serious and talked about rejecting "fitspo."

And then I went deep when I talked about loving my body through the changes.

And finally, I had my first guest poster and collaborated on a linkup with Alicia of Jaybird.

I had a lot of fun talking about loving your body this month and sharing what that has meant for me. I've treated my body kindly this month by doing a smoothie cleanse, performing bellydance, and getting back into yoga. After 21 years of struggling with my body image (sadly, I have diary entries from when I was 10 talking about wishing I weren't fat), I finally feel like I am at a place where I accept my body as it is, and appreciate all of the wonderful things about it.

And finally, I'll tell you what I'll be focusing on in April: the past. Confession: this is the topic I am the most nervous about. It's what I struggle with most. There are versions of myself in the past that I don't accept, and which make me uncomfortable. There are years in my life that I don't care to revisit. But I think to truly love yourself, you have to love all of it, and that includes showing some love to your past self, especially the unlovable bits. Stay tuned.

Cultivating Self-Love

 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.