Fabulous Fridays: March 28

28 March 2014

TGIF guys! This week Friday could not get here fast enough, even though the week has sped along. Can I just stay in and binge-watch Scandal all weekend?

Work has been crazy busy, and same with my after-work life.I'm gonna cut to the chase because my tummy is not happy right now and I seriously want to relax.

Things that made this week fabulous:


I did the Dr. Oz 3-day smoothie cleanse. Here is where I get TMI (don't say I didn't warn you- skip ahead if you must). I'd been having constipation issues for the past several weeks, which is not normal for me, and I'd had enough. Part of me is paranoid about my colon health because of my family history of colon cancer, so I'd like to keep things flowing if you know what I mean. I'd heard this cleanse could help with such issues, so I gave it a shot. I was miserable the first two days- I was tired, craved coffee and real food, but by day 3 I felt I could finish strong. Monday I felt completely refreshed and I have had no tummy issues since. I've also gotten back into eating smoothies, so that's a bonus.


We celebrated Fox's birthday with the family on Sunday, and we had a blast at the park playing frisbee in the sunshine. Too bad it was still cold and windy.

I've gotten back into online dating. I've gotten so many messages that I just delete some right away if the guy looks douchey. Nerd alert: I've been considering creating a douche scale to map some of the weirdos I come across. Case in point: a guy who declares in his profile that he is on an Arthurian Quest. No joke. Either way, it's been a good boost to my ego.

I got serious about yoga again. One of my 2-year goals is to complete yoga teacher training, so in order to prepare, I'm back at a yoga studio that I really love. It feels like home. Today before class, some of us even reminisced about the greatness of Louis Sachar.

I finished reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and I cried my eyes out. Some of it rang a little to true in regards to my last breakup, but it was such a great read. I finished it in a little over a week, which means I devoured it (I'm a slower reader). Also, Moyes herself replied when I tweeted her (r maybe it was an assistant, but still).


I had a suh-weet dinner with my dad at Gracie's this week. Gorgonzola cheesecake? Check. Pickled vegetable salad? Bomb. Ravioli? Heck yes. But the clincher? Crispy bread pudding. Hoo mama.


Finally, on Monday, Alicia and I are hosting a Love Your Body linkup! I hope that you will join us- see details here.

 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.