Fabulous Fridays: Pi Day

14 March 2014

Happy Pi Day Friday everybody! I hope you have all had a fantastic week. Mine has been filled with ups and downs, and I am definitely ready to get the weekend started. That said, here are some of the fabulous moments from my week:
  • Saturday was my oldest nephew's 6th birthday. We celebrated with family and 4 of his classmates at Big Al's where I bowled my worst game ever. Doesn't matter, I was having a lot of fun observing 6-year-old social behaviors and helping wrangle my youngest nephew.
  • Saturday was also the Portland Bloggers Speed Networking event at Cyril's at Clay Pigeon Winery in Portland. I am now the Portland Bloggers Blog Master, so I got there early to help set up. I was amazed by the cheese spread and wine that was offered to us by Cyril's, and can't wait to go back!
  • Sunday I met up with an old coworker I haven't seen in a long time for coffee, and it was so great catching up with her! I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed talking with her when we worked together, and I'm hoping to get to hang out with her a little more, especially since it seems we're in similar life stages right now (read: early 30s, single, and still figuring out the career thing).
  • I also went to Powells Books' huge sale on Sunday. While I nearly had a panic attack because of how crowded the place was, I'm still thrilled with my bargains- almost all books for book club, and one birthday present for my youngest nephew (and one for my mom- not pictured).
  • I had plenty of time with my youngest nephew this week, and his word explosion continues. In fact, last night I dreamed he said an entire clear sentence ("there is birthday cake on the lawn"). I took him for a walk to the park after work one day this week, since it is lighter later, and we had fun on the swings and slide. Ah, to be a kid again.
  • I belly danced on Wednesday night, and I felt like it was one of my best performances. My teacher showed up to offer support, and I was so happy to have her there! But, she said that now she knows what I'm capable of, she's going to pick on me more in class. Uh oh. 
  • Finally, Spring is springing, and the evidence is all over town. Last night I enjoyed a walk around my favorite neighborhood with my dog and there were flowers in bloom all over the place.
Your turn! What has made your week fabulous? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!


 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.