Fabulous Fridays: Good Friday

18 April 2014

Happy Friday, y'all! I don't know about you, but I feel like this week went by really fast (the year seems to be whizzing by as well). That said, I'm certainly glad it's Friday, especially since I have great things going on this weekend, including (but not limited to), friend time, a blate, a 3rd date, and Easter!

Confession: I love Easter. Growing up, it meant dressing up (usually my sister and I in matching dresses that my mom sewed for us), wearing fancy hats, getting lots of candy, going to church, doing an Easter egg hunt (and not finding all the eggs because dad could never remember where he hid them all- we could go months without finding some), and having a big meal (often with ham, which I never liked). Oh, and it also meant The Easter Bunny is Comin' to Town. Ok, it still means The Easter Bunny is Comin' to Town (what can I say, I always tear up when Gadzooks is surprised with a dapper Easter suit).

Nowadays, Easter means brunch with the family, lots of candy, and an Easter egg hunt. Last year, the adult children were allowed to participate (again, dad hides them in such a way that they're incredibly hard to find- so much so, that up until a few years ago, I was always aloud to start first because I had the hardest time finding eggs #handicap). Have I mentioned I'm really just a kid at heart? In any case, it will be a lot of fun watching the nephews have fun. Also, I'm making what I hope turns out to be a glorious 4-layer cake.


And now, some things that made this week fabulous:

Time spent at the park with my Lucy, and also with Fox.

Hiking with dad, working on my fear of heights (as well as kicking ass).

The second installment of Italian Sundays, which involved hearty vegetarian stuffed red peppers, boiled asparagus with eggs, breadsticks, and pinot grigio. Dessert was a lovely lemon ricotta cake.

Reading a good (funny) book while enjoying wine and cheese at my favorite wine bar.

Dinner with mom at Three Doors Down Cafe. The food was dang good.

Coloring eggs with my sister and nephew. I even got artistic and made one with polka dots, one abstract, and one as an egg person.

Now it's your turn- what has made your week fabulous? Are you into Easter? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!
 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.