Fabulous Fridays: May 16th Edition

15 May 2014

Hey-o! Happy Friday! This week has flown by- so much so that this is the first and only post I've managed to put out all week. Normally I might just ignore that and not elaborate as to why, since some bloggers complain when other bloggers apologize for not posting and give excuses as to why. But my excuse is good and exciting (to me at least).

You see, today is the last day of my current job. For the past nearly two years I've been working as a sales assistant at a TV station, and it has been a great experience. I couldn't have asked for a better boss, and better people to work with in general. I've worked hard and learned a lot, so I wasn't really looking for a new job...

But then I saw an opportunity for a job that could just well be a perfect fit for me (might turn out not to be, but so far, things have been lining up quite nicely). In fact, I saw this posting on Twitter of all places. You guys, if you're not on Twitter you are missing out- so far I have gotten a job and won tickets to an amazing (and normally expensive) foodie event. Twitter pays.

Well, needless to say, after a long and interesting hiring process, I was offered a job and I begin on Monday. But, I have to fly down to San Francisco on Sunday for a week of training, hence my lack of posting- I've been busy filling out background checks, making travel arrangements, and connecting with my fellow trainees/future coworkers. All of that, plus training my temp replacement at work has left me with little to no time for online anything.

Anyway, so that has been my awesome week, and now for a few other things that made this week fabulous:


I got plenty of Fox time this past week (another thing that keeps me from blogging- family first, blog second). On Saturday night, I babysat the kiddo while his parents went to the movies. We had our own movie night- it was a double feature: The Little Mermaid and Frozen. This kid loves a movie with a strong-willed female as the lead. On Sunday, he was dressed nice and dapper for Mother's Day and I took him out for a little stroll with Lucy (he loves taking her for walks). While out, some nice older women wished me a Happy Mother's Day- I felt it would have been rude to say I'm only just his aunt.


Speaking of Mother's Day, I treated my mom to brunch on Sunday morning. I knew just the place and made reservations in advance. I didn't tell her where I was taking her, though- I wanted it to be a surprise. We went to Imperial, which not only served excellent food, but treated all mother's to a gift certificate to use in the restaurant on another occasion. My mom was pleased as punch. So was I- that food was delicious, even if it gave me a food baby* and left me full for the rest of the day.

In other food news, I tried some new-to-me places on Saturday. First, I met Jenni for coffee at Case Study Coffee downtown and it was great! I loved the atmosphere there- reminded me a little of Europe (one Parisian bistro in particular). After coffee, I went and grabbed lunch from the Kargi Gogo food cart, which serves Georgian food. Meredith's blog had brought this place onto my radar and I had mentally bookmarked it for when I was in the area. You guys, I am sold on Georgian food. They have a vegetarian platter, which pretty much made me fall in love with them. My favorite was the cheese bread (hello), but I also loved the salad- whatever seasoning was on it is totally my jam.


On Mother's Day, the whole family converged at my parents' place for a cookout, since the weather was nice. We pulled out the bubbles and the nephews got to work right away. Apparently my brother's boys are into the pipe bubbles. Later on, for some (slightly) more grownup fun, we all rolled down to the park to let the boys burn off their excessive energy while us grown siblings played frisbee. You guys, frisbee is my happy place. Not a game of frisbee, just passing the frisbee around. It's the simple things.

I've also had some intense yoga classes this week, which has left me feeling refreshed and restored (and a bit sore). Anyone who thinks you can't get strong from yoga should come to class with me. Or just look at my (albeit slight) muscle tone. But the real strength that is built in yoga is all in the mind, and I work on that every damn time. 

That's it for my week- I'm off to celebrate my last day at work, do a ton of laundry and getting ready for my week-long trip, and flying off on Sunday! You probably won't hear from me in this space next week, but if you follow me on Instagram, I'm sure I'll be filling your feed with some San Francisco goodness. I'm also trying out this Snapchat thing people are talking so much about, so if you're so inclined, you can find me there as well as rachsed.

Cheers! Tell me, what made your week fabulous? Do you have any coffee shops/restaurants/bars to recommend in San Francisco? Tell me all about it in the comments below!

*If you don't know what I mean by food baby, then maybe you're lucky. I'm referring to that post-binge bulge that occurs in the lower abdomen, making one look pregnant. With a food baby. True story: I once announced a food baby on Facebook and one of my friends thought I was actually pregnant. With a real baby. For the record: I've only ever been pregnant with food babies.

 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.