Fabulous Fridays: May 30 Edition

29 May 2014
Photograph by Macey

Happy Friday! Oy, what a week this has been. Even though it was cut short by the holiday on Monday, it has been intense training for my new job. I'm learning a ton and meeting lots of new people. Which means lots of new names to forget. And lots of opportunities for making a complete fool of myself.

I don't really need to go into full detail here, after all, I like to keep these Friday posts happy and bright, but I will say that I felt like a complete idiot on more than one occasion and that I'd really rather never have to introduce myself in front of a group of people again. It's really not fair that being nervous means that my hands (and often, my legs) shake uncontrollably, and that my mind goes really fuzzy.  Also, apparently it is not cool to be a blogger. Oops. Thank goodness I have some sweet coworkers who feel my pain.

But anyway, back to the good stuff. Here are some of the things that have made this week fabulous:

  • Fox has really made me feel special this week. He is always excited to see me at the end of the day, and though I'm exhausted, I love playing frisbee with him on my living room floor, and getting some rather enthusiastic toddler hugs before bedtime. 
  • On Sunday, I got together with my gal pals for brunch book club, and though only two of us had read the book (ok, so I still haven't finished the book), we enjoyed the delicious offerings at Screen Door. And then Macey took our headshots and it was fabulous.
  • One of my new coworkers told me she read my blog last night and said she could relate to my last post. That made me feel the warm fuzzies, and like I'm not sailing this ship alone. Plus, she's really cool.
  • I met up with two coworkers who are not on my team for drinks after work today, and it was great to hear how their training has been going, and how they feel about our training group. They're also really rad, and totally sweet.
  • On Monday, which feels forever ago, my friend Jenni invited me to a seafood boil at her place. I'd never been to one before, but I was happy to be invited and enjoy some delicious food with great company.
  • I've been rising early all week to get to work early for breakfast and I haven't been grumpy at all (note: I am NOT a morning person). I've actually enjoyed my slow mornings, and getting to chat with my new coworkers before we start working each day.

When I look at things that way, this week has been pretty wonderful. This weekend, I have every intention of hitting up the market and then conquering a mountain (third time's a charm, right?). In any case, I'm living life quite fully right now.

What has made your week fabulous? Have any mountains of your own to conquer this weekend? I'd love to hear from you!
 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.