Right Now

25 May 2014

Hey-oh. I'm back from a week of training/orientation in San Francisco, and I'm feeling all sorts of wonderful. Life is good in so many ways, so I figured I might as well write about it. You know, for commemoration purposes. To remind myself that good things can and do happen to me.

As I process this past week, and all that I encountered, I recognize that I have become quite a skeptic. An optimistic skeptic, if possible. I'm always hopeful that good things are on the way, and that things will always work out for the best, even if it wasn't what I thought I wanted. But there is, at the bottom of all of this, a part of me that questions intentions and realities. Things and people can look great on the surface, but often upon further inspection, things and people aren't quite as nice and shiny as they seem. I've gotten used to expecting the worst from things and people.

So, when I left for San Francisco, I was a little skeptical. I wondered if my job and the company were all they had been chalked up to be, and I also wondered how well I would do being surrounded by people nearly 24/7. I was seriously afraid I was going to hate all of my new coworkers. Clearly, I have low expectations for myself.

But, I ended up being pleasantly surprised last week. Almost all of my new coworkers are super rad people that I've enjoyed getting to know. And I can really only recall one bitchy moment, which came about because I was in serious need of a nap. And the company itself? Incroyable.

What I've learned from all of this is that I might not be the person that I think I am- but in a good way. And that who I am is malleable, that there are characteristics who make me who I am, but that I don't have to hang onto any one trait as being what makes me me. That sounds way confusing. What I mean to say is, maybe I just keep getting better.

Granted, I had moments last week where my insecurities popped up. I was surrounded by a ton of incredibly attractive people at the company's headquarters. Seriously, beautiful women and hot guys everywhere. Naturally, and I know I need to work on this, I started to feel a bit like I have in college and high school- like the frumpy, chubby girl I used to be. It's silly, I know, but pretty people intimidate me. 


But, in the end, I am so happy to have had the experiences I've had this last week, and to have made some fantastic new friends. But what was even better was coming home, and having equally wonderful people to return home to. It started with being greeted by Fox, who was brandishing a red rose, and who joyously yelled, "Ray-Ray" when he saw me at the airport. Then I spent time with fellow bloggers and bookclubbers, and I reveled in my happiness. I have some truly quality people in my life right now. It feels really good to be here, right now.

How are you feeling right now?
 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.