TGIF: Happy

30 July 2015
Fox's birth day on the left, Delilah's birthday on the right

Happy Friday and last day of July! I know it's trite, but I can't believe how this month has flown by. One month ago I was anxiously anticipating the birth of my niece, and now she's been around for a few weeks. Times flies when life is good. 

To share with you just how life has been good for me this month, here is my TGIF:

Trusting:
I'm currently trusting that I need to trust. Trust that my gut instincts are correct, as those are the gut instincts that got me my job. Trust that Portland is currently my home, and despite rising costs of living and threats of natural disaster, God put me here for a reason. Trust that great things can happen more than once in a lifetime. Trust that the ones I love are going to be okay.
Grateful:
I'm so grateful that my niece made her entrance into the world, and is a happy, healthy baby who is loved so much by my whole family. I'm also grateful that I was able to be at my sister's side, holding her hand as she gave birth. I was there when her first child was born, holding her leg up as she gave birth, through a process that she made look so easy. This time around managed to be somehow even more effortless. My sister is made for birthing babies, and I am grateful for that, because I love those babies so much. I am also grateful for the way that my sister and I have bonded through these times. I love my niece and nephew dearly, but nothing can ever replace a sister.
Inspired:
Lately, I've been inspired by the concepts of minimalism and capsule wardrobes. Separate, but related. Honestly, I've been interested in minimalism ever since moving into my micro studio last October. In the winter, my bf and I discussed the possibility of living in a tiny house someday, given how much we enjoy sharing 279 square feet of living space. I mean, seriously, a deep clean generally takes no more than an hour.  As much as I love to shop, I also enjoy purging, and I really enjoy knowing that everything I own has a purpose or is cherished (not always both, because my toothbrush is kind of lame, and feminine hygiene products are annoying). I'm considering doing this minimalist challenge before I go on vacation in September. Has anyone tried minimalism?
Faith:
I've been practicing my faith lately by saying little prayers. Prayer doesn't have to be a big fuss, and we don't all have to pray to the same higher power (yep, I said that). But I do believe in the power of prayer. I believe in putting my trust in something greater than myself, something that has the collective best interest at heart. And when that prayer gets me that only perfect parking spot? Priceless. But really, sometimes prayer is just setting an intention or asking for grace. 
Now that I've shared my TGIF, what are yours? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.