25 Days of Believing

01 December 2015

photo by weromantics
Happy December, my friends. It has been a while, but there is something about this holiday season that inspires me to share my thoughts and feelings. 

November was strange and filled with anxiety. I spend far too much time on social media, and I've begun to notice what a negative impact it has on my state of mind. Though I seek hope and connection online, I feel I find more despair and paranoia and ignorance. As I began looking forward to the holiday season, I was filled with hope, and was inspired to challenge myself this December.

The holiday season, for me, is a season of believing. Believing in Santa and elves and reindeer and snowmen come to life. Believing in sugar plums and candy canes and mom's Christmas cutouts. Believing in family and friendship and laughter and love. Believing in hope and joy and a higher power. There is so much wonder in this season, if only we seek it.

Therefore, for the 25 days leading up to and including Christmas, I am challenging myself to seek wonder and to believe. Every day, I will share a moment of wonder on Instagram, using the hashtag #25daysofbelieving. You can follow me here. I hope that you will feel inspired to seek and share as well. I truly believe that we can all make our lives a little better, and a little more magical, if we believe in the wonder of the world around us.

What do you believe this Christmas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.