A Year in Poitiers

17 September 2013
Today I am linking up for Blogtember and the prompt is this: a memory you would like to re-live.


For me, it's not so much a single memory, but a chapter of my life. The year I spent studying in Poitiers was one of the best years of my life, filled with many wonderful memories and amazing friends.

I would love to meet up with Adrienne in front of the hotel de ville, where we would inevitably run into at least a few other of our American clan.

I would love to cozy up on Ina's floor with Sarah and Lindsey while we drink tea and watch Pride & Prejudice.

I would love to enjoy a warm pain au chocolat from La Mie Caline with Adrienne, Edana, and Renee while we gossip about who likes who at the moment.

I would love to explore Strasbourg with Sarah, Ina, Lindsey, and Renee, despite the rain.

I would love to stay in the strangest and coolest hostels and B&B's with Adrienne, laughing nearly every minute of every day.

I would love to slap my knee every time Lawrence says something funny, while Ed documents the number of times I slap my knee, all while planning the most spectacular Thanksgiving show Poitiers has ever seen: Rachel et ses Amis.

I would love to have a big group of friends to call on any given day, to grab a coffee, an ice cream sundae, or a kebab and relate about our language faux-pas and the things we missed back home.

There are so many memories from that year that I would like to re-live, that I cannot choose just one. I could reminisce for days, but I will spare you. Perhaps I will save it for when I am older and more creative with my memory. 
Do you have a time from your life that you would love to re-live? I would love to hear from you in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.