Fabulous Fridays: September 20

20 September 2013
Happy Friday, my friends! It's time to celebrate the end of the week and the beginning of the weekend!

To get the weekend started off right, let's talk about some of the things that made this week fabulous:

I spent a day at the coast.

I went to yoga class three times this week.

I had family time with a delicious brunch at home in celebration of my dad's birthday.

I got in lots of Lucy cuddles.

I had a yummy dinner with my mom, sister in law, and nephews, where I had to fight my oldest nephew for my brownie sundae (it was with malt gelato- as in Heaven).

I PAID OFF MY CAR!!!

All in all, not a bad week, though to be honest, it's been a bit stressful. Let's just say I'm glad to rest this weekend.

And now, before I sign off, I'd like you to meet another one of my lovely sponsors, Helen from Says Helen:

Says Helen is my little platform on the internet. It's a place for me to share the things I think are important, or awesome, or scary. Like you, Rachel, I realized that I was adhering to a script, trying desperately to write my life story. My biggest achievement to date is that I've been able to "let go" and just love and trust in the bigger picture. (Well, sometimes anyway!) I share my thoughts via Says Helen in the hopes that other people will read, witness and take up the challenge themselves. It's also a way for me to continue my writing practice. It's also also just a place to be silly sometimes!

1. When do you feel most confident? I'm confident when I'm strong (physically and emotionally), when people look to me for answers, when I'm running the show. I'm confident when I'm singing something I know really well. I'm confident when I can articulate a need and then fulfill it for myself, without hoping someone else will read my mind and fix it for me.



2. What do you like to do to “treat yo’self?” Like Aimee, I like to get my nails done -- and like Erika, I love a good massage (my current office has massage Thursdays, $1/minute chair massages! Rock on.) I also like to spend time with friends in the sunshine. Although I'm trying to move away from food & drink as a form of treats, I admit I like to have a glass of wine or a cookie for a job well done too!



3. What is the best compliment you have received lately? I just finished a reading of a musical that was really fulfilling. Many of the other performers involved were Equity actors (like the Big Leagues of theater), including one actor whom I'd seen and loved in a performance he did in one of the top theaters in my geographical area. The morning after our performance, I awoke to a Facebook message from him thanking me for the experience and that my "voice and delivery rocked." SO COOL.

To read more, check out A Giveaway in Celebration of my First BirchboxBeing a Part of a Musical Workshop, and An Open Letter to my Husband on our 5th Anniversary. Helen can also be found on Twitter and FacebookStop on by Helen's blog and say hello!

Tell me now, what has made your week fabulous? Do you have any plans to treat yo'self this weekend? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.