Fabulous Fridays: It's March Y'all

07 March 2014
Happy Friday my friends! (side note: I really had the urge to type mothaf***as there- I blame the wine and the wearing off Novocaine) Yes, I'm typing this while recovering what is hopefully my last bit of dental work for a while. I'll be enjoying soft foods yet again this weekend.

Anyway, it's March you guys. Spring is two weeks away. Two of my nephews have birthdays this month, as does my dog. I have a fairly busy social calendar this month too (I'm noticing a trend for the year so far). But I'm really most excited for flowers to start blooming. I'm already starting to see buds on trees.

But today is Friday, which means sharing with you guys what made this week fabulous for me.


Given that my last several Instagram posts have been food-related, I guess you could say I had a good food week. I made baked ziti (ok, it was actually rigatoni- I can't seem to find ziti anywhere) and homemade tiramisu for an amazing dinner on Sunday (along with Caesar salad and a nice Dolcetto from Zerba winery). Tiramisu is the way to my heart, so it's a good thing I know how to make a good one. I love me.

The Oscars. I really enjoyed them this year. I laughed, I cried, I shook my fist when Steve McQueen did not win best director, but then cheered when 12 Years a Slave won best picture. I watched that movie on Saturday, and though it was very difficult at times to watch, it was very well-done, and a movie everyone needs to see. I was also ecstatic when Cate Blanchett won because her performance in Blue Jasmine was beyond belief. Her acceptance speech was even more flawless (heck yes I will pay to see movies about women- duh!).

I finally, after searching for a while, bought a new pair of skinny jeans. This is a big deal, y'all. And since this month's Cultivating Self-Love theme is all about loving your body, I might do a special post about my jeans. Let's just say, I'm in love and they make me happy.

I whipped out a good spin in my mini-performance for belly dance class. Spins are not my forte, so to pull one off that made my teacher cheer (seriously, she cheered, because she's awesome like that) is quite an accomplishment for me. I feel inspired to practice for my performance next week.

I had a lovely dinner with my dad at Coppia for Portland Dining Month. I totally brought the demographic down in the place (everyone else looked over 50), but the food and wine were delicious. Sometimes it's nice to eat somewhere that is off of the radar of all the young, hip folk. Especially when that means great, unpretentious service.

Finally, I'm reading Lean In for book club, and I've been making lots of notes. I'm going to have a lot to say about this one, and so far, I"m finding myself identifying with Sheryl Sandberg a lot. I was called bossy as a kid and loved playing teacher/director/photographer. I'm sure I'll have a post ready when I've finished to share all of my thoughts.


 photo Untitled-2_zpsf24ff9bf.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.